Pay-per-click advertising is one of the easiest and best ways to promote a product or service. If this is your goal, your strategy for launching your campaign and maintaining conversions for your product or service needs to be a good one.
Many new trends are cropping up, and you need to be aware of them to make your campaigns successful. Here’s a look at some of the major PPC trends of 2021.
Trend #1: PPC Automation
- One of the biggest trends in Pay-per-Click (PPC) advertising for 2021 will be automation, the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to automate labor-intensive tasks associated with Google and Bing ads.
Trend #2: Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is changing the world in general and its economic impact is expected to reach $15.7 trillion by 2030. When it comes to PPC, AI will allow marketers to create more effective ad campaigns and is particularly useful to:
- Predict the CTR of future ads
- Calculate the impact of ads on quality scores
- Identify the likelihood of conversion from a given customer
- Analyze the bids that are likely to get maximum traffic
Trend #3: Video Ads and PPC
- By 2022, 82% of all business and consumer Internet traffic will come from videos, up from 75% in 2017.
Trend #4: Bye Bye Pixel, Hello Ads Data Hub
- Built for a world of single screens, pixel technology can’t track the effectiveness of ads across mobile devices.
- Since more than 70% of time on YouTube happens on mobile devices, marketers have had to rely on third-party pixels to measure the effectiveness of their YouTube campaigns.
Trend #5: Smart Bidding
- Smart bidding is a subset of automated bidding strategies that uses machine learning to optimize the ads for conversion based on the goals we set.
Trend #6: YouTube Masthead on TV Screens
- TV has become the fastest growing screen for YouTube with more than 250 million hours of watch time per day and YouTube ads on television screens drive a 10% greater lift in recall compared to ads on linear TV.
Trend #7: Smart Segmentation and Google AdMob
- Mobile apps are expected to generate $581 billion in revenue in 2021 (and up to $935 billion by 2023!) via paid downloads and in-app advertising.
Trend #8: Voice Search for PPC Campaigns
You must think about creating campaigns that focus on voice search because:
- By 2020, 50% of all searches will be voice-based.
- By 2022, 50% of consumers will be using voice shopping.
- By 2022, voice commerce sales will reach $40 billion.
Trend #9: Virtual Reality Ads
- VR technology uses eye-tracking technology to activate an ad. When the user gazes at it for a couple of moments, the ad will start.
- VR will give insight into what parts of the screen viewers are looking at and the parts they have chosen to interact with.
Trend #10: Alternative PPC Platforms
- When it comes to PPC, Google and Facebook have dominated the industry with 37.2% and 19.6% of the digital advertising market, respectively.
Do you want to promote your service/product online? Reach Genexod for kickstart your conversions now: https://genexod.com/contact-us